“Peter not just introduced us to Cloud Security, but the CCSK Classroom course also provided the wider context of the ways in which we can articulate the value of cloud computing”
Hundreds of security managers, IT architects, solution architects and their team members have done my CCSK classroom course. (For instructor led online CCSK course click here). They found it the most helpful and inspiring way to start mastering the cloud and cloud security. (Read more on CCSK and the body of knowledge)
(CCSK, the Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge, is a trademark of the Cloud Security Alliance).
More on what participants learned from this course.
Master the cloud and cloud security
The three day CCSK classroom course covers the entire CCSK version 4 body of knowledge. Practical exercises reinforce the learning. On top of that, audience interaction is also widely considered as useful.
CCSK covers cloud definitions, architecture and a discussion of risks from many perspectives. There are also many contemporary topics such as DevOps, big data, containers and more. Furthermore, the labs also give a good introduction in practical AWS security and/or MSA, as you wish. A selection of the labs for OpenStack is available on request.
|Day 1 (9am-5pm)||Day 2 (9-5)||Day 3 (9-5)|
The course venue in Utrecht is located in a convenient area, in which we can enjoy ourselves outside the classroom as well.
Our next CCSK classroom course will take place from 23-25 June, 2020, or look at the calendar of events. The course fee is €2400.
Included in the course
- Intake survey.
- Three days of classroom training, including practical exercises.
- Access to all my live on-line CCSK Plus classes for the next two years.
- In fact, the practical labs give you solid examples of how to secure Amazon cloud services, or audit that.
- Support site on Teachable.com.
- Lunch and refreshments.
- Exam token (2 tries).
- A bit of fun.
- Conference calls after the training.
Not included: laptops (so bring your own), AWS/MSA account, applicable VAT, hotel.
After three days of cloud conversation, you will be in a very good position to attain the CCSK certification. And what is more, your job effectiveness will also increase. As a result, it will be easier to speed up cloud projects that have value, and easier to stop projects that don’t. That in itself merits spending time on the CCSK classroom course.
Here are a few things my participants got out of the training (unedited extract from the evaluation form). Do you want results like these too?
- “Better understanding of the cloud architecture and the interrelationships between the different components (layers, domains, models).”
- “Cloud is much more complex than most people appreciate … even me as an informed professional”
- “Conceptual basics of cloud computing, way of how to study the book (and what not to study) and the way exam questions are asked.”
- “Helping to show how to define the value of cloud, including the risk profile to present to stakeholders. ”
- “How much responsibility stays with the consumer in IaaS. The labs were useful in demonstrating a real world example. ”
- “Got a good introduction to all topics needed to take the certification for CCSK.”
- “New way of ‘thinking cloud’ (e.g. cattle vs pet, use service as offered or take another one, …) was very well explained with real-life examples. Eye-opening! ”
About your instructor
I am one of the world’s most experienced independent cloud trainers.
- certified by the CSA to deliver CCSK training, and by the Cloud Credential Council to deliver their training.
- author or co-author of multiple cloud courses.
- delivered more than 90 CCSK courses, and delivered workshops in more than a dozen countries.
Daniele Catteddu, Managing Director EMEA, Cloud Security Alliance:
“Peter is a very experienced cloud trainer and we have enthusiastic feedback from his CCSK students.”
Here are some results from my participants.
What participants say
Click here if you are interested in a corporate, in-company ccsk classroom course, where you can discuss your company confidential situation.
Very grateful. Thank you!
I have appreciated very well most topics and particulary the Security Risk & compliance topics. Comparison on IT process on premise with those in the Cloud is quite good. But, it could be done deeper.
This class is great. Good balance between you talking, and us chatting. You keep control of the syllabus and the schedule, and we provide some information on what the facts mean to us and how we understand them in our context. Brilliant stuff.
Very professional domain, but very clear explained! Thanks
Most useful: Technical context, risk knowledge and exam approach
Experienced trainer. Reflects his experience well within the context
Peter is incredibly knowledgeable and takes the time to answer questions and actually work with his students. The course is also an amazing way to learn how AWS actually works and, by the end of the labs, you feel ready to manage your own cloud! The materials are easy to understand and yet technical enough to get real-life security implemented. This was a great course and far beyond most of the accreditation courses I have completed.
I attended Peter’s CCSK-training and found it very useful, because 1) the sessions gave me more insight on several other aspects of cloud computing than only security, 2) it “inspired” (/forced) me to study the CSA guide/ENISA more thorughly and not least 3) I manage to pass the exam 🙂
I had very little to no experience wit the CLOUD, so this training was incredibly valuable to me. My new professional responsibilities are becoming more and more cloud centric. I have a greatly improved level of confidence because I know I have a solid educational foundation that the training and exam preparation has provided for me. I cannot recommend it highly enough!