The Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) has been significantly updated to reflect changes in the cloud and security landscape.
CCSK version 4 is aligned with the 2017 version of the CSA Cloud Security Guidance document. This better reflects current operational realities in cloud. While older versions assumed a “the cloud is dangerous, by definition” attitude, the new version takes a more balanced risk perspective.
Version 4 is a major overhaul in content. A few notable highlights:
- More real world discussions of cloud migration strategies: forklifting versus cloud native.
- Discussion of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), together with a few other regional regulations.
- Completely modernized presentation of IT infrastructure, the management plane and how to protect against cloud disasters.
- Elimination of traditional datacenter security. It is not that it is not relevant, but it is covered better elsewhere.
- More software defined stuff: Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Perimeter (SDP).
- Description of DevOps and the associated security risks and benefits.
- Clearer and more up to date description of data protection controls, including CASB.
- The domain on Security as a Service now actually has examples.
- A completely new domain that addresses IoT, mobile, serverless computing, and Big Data technologies and their security implications.
The exam objectives now also include understanding of the Cloud Control Matrix, which is a good tool for assisting in cloud risk assessments.
The CCSK Plus training always had an AWS based set of labs. Version 4 expands and updates these labs to include a fairly complete amazon cloud security approach.
As a result this makes CCSK and the body of knowledge much more up to date and relevant for current day cloud deployments.
Do a FREE course
Are you not sure if you are ready to start a full CCSK training yet? Then this course is perfect for you. It will give you a good idea of how worthwhile it is to go for the CCSK certification. You will also cover some of the basics that are required for the full course.
And the best thing? It’s for free! Click on the button below and start learning about CCSK v4.
Very grateful. Thank you!
I have appreciated very well most topics and particulary the Security Risk & compliance topics. Comparison on IT process on premise with those in the Cloud is quite good. But, it could be done deeper.
This class is great. Good balance between you talking, and us chatting. You keep control of the syllabus and the schedule, and we provide some information on what the facts mean to us and how we understand them in our context. Brilliant stuff.
Very professional domain, but very clear explained! Thanks
Most useful: Technical context, risk knowledge and exam approach
Experienced trainer. Reflects his experience well within the context
Peter is incredibly knowledgeable and takes the time to answer questions and actually work with his students. The course is also an amazing way to learn how AWS actually works and, by the end of the labs, you feel ready to manage your own cloud! The materials are easy to understand and yet technical enough to get real-life security implemented. This was a great course and far beyond most of the accreditation courses I have completed.
I attended Peter’s CCSK-training and found it very useful, because 1) the sessions gave me more insight on several other aspects of cloud computing than only security, 2) it “inspired” (/forced) me to study the CSA guide/ENISA more thorughly and not least 3) I manage to pass the exam 🙂
I had very little to no experience wit the CLOUD, so this training was incredibly valuable to me. My new professional responsibilities are becoming more and more cloud centric. I have a greatly improved level of confidence because I know I have a solid educational foundation that the training and exam preparation has provided for me. I cannot recommend it highly enough!