Big Data Foundation
- Certificate: Big Data Foundation
- Duration: 3 days including 3rd day exam
- Delivery: Classroom Sept 7-9, 2016, Utrecht Netherlands
- Accreditor: Cloud Credential Council
- Languages: English/Dutch depending on the audience
- Availability and Price: see https://www.clubcloudcomputing.com/calendar/
This is a foundation level course designed to provide you with an understanding of Big Data, the potential sources of Big Data that can be used for solving real business problems and also provide an overview of Data Mining and the tools used in it. This is a fundamental course with practical exercises designed to provide you with some degree of hands-on experience in using two of the most popular technologies in Big Data processing – Hadoop and MongoDB. You will get the opportunity to practice installing these two technologies through our Work-Labs. The course exposes you to real-life Big Data technologies with the purpose of obtaining results from real datasets from Twitter.
After completing the course, you will be equipped not only with fundamental Big Data knowledge, but will also be introduced to a working development environment (see note) containing Hadoop and MongoDB, installed by yourself. This practical knowledge can be used as a starting point in the organizational Big Data journey.
NOTE: we are adapting the course to create the development environment in a cloud infrastructure, which will bring great scaling opportunities as well as reduced installation time.
This course is best suited to Information Technology professionals who possess intermediate to advanced programming, system administration or relational database skills and are looking to move into the area of Big Data. These include:
- Software Engineers
- Application Developers
- IT architects
- System administrators
The course can also be of benefit to other professionals, e.g. business, research, etc., who possess strong Information Technology skills and have a deep interest in Big Data analytics and the benefits it can bring to an organization.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- Big Data fundamentals
- Big Data technologies
- Big Data governance
- Available Sources of Big Data
- Data Mining, its concepts and some of the tools used for Data Mining
- Hadoop, including its concepts, how to install and configure it, the concepts behind MapReduce, and how Hadoop can be used in real life scenarios
- MongoDB, including its concepts, how to install and configure it, the concepts behind document databases and how MongoDB can be used in real life scenarios
- Cloud based Big Data infrastructures
Benefits of taking this course:
Participants in this course will obtain the following benefits:
- Detailed understanding of Big Data and Data Mining concepts.
- Ability to identify and obtain relevant datasets when looking at a business problem.
- Ability to install and manage Big Data processing environments based on Hadoop or MongoDB at a departmental level (NOTE: we may replace this with a cloud based solution under your control).
You will receive the following as part of this course:
- Participant handbook or eBook
- Virtual appliance with MongoDB and Hadoop installed
- Exam Format: closed-book format. On the last day of training. Participants may bring paper-based dictionaries. No electronic devices are permitted.
- Questions: 40 multiple choice questions
- Passing Score: 65%
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes. 15 minutes extra time for non-native English speakers
- Laptop, tablet, Smart Phone, eReader (no Kindle)
- eBook download instructions
For practical exercises:
- Laptop with a minimum of 4GB RAM
- Participants need to bring laptops and install VirtualBox
- Access to a Google Cloud Platform is recommended
More information? Send a message, or schedule a free, no strings attached, 30 minute call with me. Click this link for my appointment scheduler.
To sign up directly, use this link to add to your shopping cart or click on this button.
Secure my place in the Big Data training